Neil is the partner in charge of AGMB’s Real Estate and Banking Practices.
Neil proudly serves as Broker Counsel to the Real Estate Board of New York (“REBNY”), New York City’s leading real estate trade association. In addition to counseling REBNY on the vast array of laws and regulations that affect the real estate brokerage community, AGMB hosts the REBNY Legal Line, a daily legal hotline provided exclusively for residential members of REBNY.
Through his affiliation and participation with REBNY and the Long Island Board of Realtors (“LIBOR”), he has become acutely aware of the many issues that face his real estate broker clients on a daily basis. Accordingly, he counsels his clients on commission disputes, licensing and disclosure requirements, agency issues, employment and wage laws, strategic alliances and affiliated business relationships and disciplinary actions instituted by governmental entities.
Neil resides in Great Neck, New York with his wife. He has two children.
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Cornell International Law Journal – Symposium Editor
- Little Neck Jewish Center – Past President and Young Leadership Award
- UJA – Leadership Award
Membership and Affiliations
- Real Estate Board of New York – Broker Counsel
- Empire State Mortgage Bankers Association – Counsel
- Long Island Commercial Network – Board of Directors
- New York State Department of State – Certified Instructor of Real Estate Classes
- Senior Real Estate Specialist
- New York State Bar
- National Association of Realtors
- New York State Association of Realtors
- Long Island Board of Realtors
- National Association of Mortgage Brokers
- New York Association of Mortgage Brokers (Diamond Member)
- Mortgage Bankers Association of New York
- Community Bankers Mortgage Forum
- Cornell University Real Estate Council
- Cornell Club of New York
- International Shotokan Karate Federation (Black belt)
Media and Publications
Neil enjoys teaching and speaking about a variety of real estate, title and lending topics. He is certified by the New York Department of State as an instructor of real estate courses, and frequently teaches at REBNY, real estate broker offices and various bar associations.
He has appeared on various television shows, including the CBS Local News, CNBC, Bloomberg News and New York 1 News. Additionally, he has appeared on nationally syndicated radio, has been published in the REBNY Reporter, the Realtor, is a contributing editor to a training manual for the real estate broker community, and has been quoted in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Newsday, Reuters, AP, Dow Jones, Forbes.com, Bankrate.com, CNN.com, as well as numerous other publications.
- Cornell Law School – J.D., 1989
- State University of New York at Albany – Summa Cum Laude, B.A., 1986
- Proskauer (Associate Attorney)
Bar, Court Admission and Licenses
- New York State Bar
- New York State Real Estate Broker
- California State Real Estate Broker