To empower and incentivize aspiring, emerging and seasoned real estate professionals to master their craft, acquire value-added lease negotiating skills, and ultimately, reach their full business potential.
Larry H. Haber, Esq., CPA
In addition to being the Founder and CEO of Leasing REality, Larry is the Managing Partner of the Commercial Real Estate Department of the bi-coastal law firm Abrams Garfinkel Margolis Bergson, LLP (“AGMB”). He takes great pride in providing his clients with the power to make knowledgeable decisions concerning their business and individual needs. Combining decades of commercial real estate ownership with a professional background in law, accounting, commercial brokerage, property management, construction, planning and development, Larry and his team can be the difference in helping clients navigate the inevitable challenges all businesses face.
Larry represents both tenants and landlords, focusing primarily on commercial lease negotiations, in addition to real estate acquisitions, dispositions, construction contracts and due diligence advisory services. Other areas of expertise consist of commercial and residential real estate closings, including the representation of borrowers and lenders in loan transactions.
In addition to maintaining a law practice for nearly 30 years, in 1996 Larry was a co-founding Partner of a full service commercial real estate firm specializing in the development, ownership, management, repositioning and leasing of commercial and high-rise residential properties. Until he moved on in 2007, as its General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer, Larry’s primary responsibilities were the review, preparation, negotiation and analysis of commercial leases, construction, purchase, sale, operating, acquisition, AIA and employment agreements as well as loan documents and other related commercial agreements. Ancillary to the aforesaid legal responsibilities, Larry was intimately involved in the acquisition, renovation, leasing and management of the firm’s portfolio, including the upgrading and repositioning of the properties in the then emerging markets of Newark and Harlem (including the building where Former President Bill Clinton still maintains his office, in which Larry still holds an ownership interest). Additional responsibilities included advising landlords, tenants and clients, as applicable, concerning purchases, dispositions, leasing, property management and value enhancement strategies. In the early 1990’s, Larry played an integral part in representing institutional purchasers of distressed real estate loan portfolios. Responsibilities included oversight of the receiverships pertaining to the underlying real estate, restructuring and workouts of the office and retail leases and, from a legal perspective, supervision of the due diligence and property management ancillary thereto.
Larry resides on Long Island with his wife and their four sons. Larry’s passions include his family, music, skiing and making a difference for charitable programs whose mission is to help those who are not as fortunate (including children with autism and other disabilities).
- Executive Producer, Director and Writer for the Winner of the 2010 New York International Independent Film and Video Festival Best Educational Documentary: “Making a Difference – The Ascent Youth Alliance to Battle Autism” (view trailer here).
- Prominent real estate transactions in which Larry actively participated in on the legal, acquisition, ownership, management, brokerage and construction side include:
- Third party management, leasing and subsequent acquisition (1997) of 270 Lafayette Street in SoHo. Larry negotiated lease restructurings with tenants in a building 50% occupied and repositioned the building for successful re-tenanting and rebirth. He invested in building upgrades and resold the building at double its initial sales price in 1999.
- In partnership with an institutional investor, he acquired 55 West 125th Street (1998) and 215 West 125th Street (2000) in Harlem (then the two largest, privately-owned buildings in Harlem). Larry commenced lease up and capital improvement programs – each building subsequently winning the prestigious Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) award. In 2003, the institutional investor was bought out by Larry and his partners, resulting in his group owning 100% of the two properties. In 2006, 90% of the properties were sold to a different institutional investor, and to this day, Larry still retains an ownership interest in the properties.
- Acquisition of one million square foot 60 Broad Street in Lower Manhattan (2000), when it was 100% leased but only 45% occupied. A purchase contract was finalized containing no construction risk with the closing delayed until the building was 100% occupied, creating significant additional value for the investors. The property was sold at a substantial gain in 2003.
Larry is the Founder and Adult Chairman of Ascent Youth Alliance to Battle Autism (AYABA) and 4Boyz Autographs to Battle Autism (4Boyz ABA). Both programs lend a hand in helping local children impacted by autism reach their full potential, by raising funds necessary for their education and enhancement of their socialization skills, as well as by promoting awareness, tolerance and acceptance.
Media and Speaking Engagements
Larry has been actively involved in social media since early 2009, including an instructional YouTube video channel focusing on negotiating commercial leases. Larry has conducted numerous training and/or continuing sessions for such companies, schools and trade organizations as ABS Partners Real Estate, Avison Young, B6 Real Estate Advisors, Bohemia Realty Group, CBRE Group, Colliers NYC, Compass, Cushman & Wakefield, Douglas Elliman, Jones Lang LaSalle, Keller Williams NYC, Lee & Associates NYC, Newmark Knight Frank, Onyx Equities, RIPCO Real Estate, Savills, The Corcoran Group, The Shopping Center Group, Winick, Baruch College, Brooklyn Law School, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY), and Long Island Board of Realtors (LIBOR).
- St. John’s University School of Law, Queens, NY – J.D., Law, 1985
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY – B.A., Accounting, 1981
- Seymour Schneidman & Associates (CPA’s)
- Oppenheim Appel Dixon (CPA’s)
- Murray Hill Properties (Outside General Counsel)
- Law Offices of Larry H. Haber
- Cogswell Realty Group (General Counsel, Member & Chief Administrative Officer)
- Colgate Real Estate Advisors (Founder & CEO)
Bar, Court Admission and Licenses
- New York State Bar
- New York State Certified Public Accountant
- New York State Licensed Real Estate Broker
Neil B. Garfinkel, Esq.
Neil is the partner in charge of AGMB’s Real Estate and Banking Practices.
Neil proudly serves as Broker Counsel to the Real Estate Board of New York (“REBNY”), New York City’s leading real estate trade association. In addition to counseling REBNY on the vast array of laws and regulations that affect the real estate brokerage community, AGMB hosts the REBNY Legal Line, a daily legal hotline provided exclusively for residential members of REBNY.
In May 2018, Neil was appointed by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo to serve on the New York State Real Estate Board, which has general authority to promulgate rules and regulations affecting real estate brokers and salespersons in order to administer and effectuate the purposes of New York State Real Property Law as it pertains to real estate licensees.
Through his affiliation and participation with REBNY and the Long Island Board of Realtors (“LIBOR”), he has become acutely aware of the many issues that face his real estate broker clients on a daily basis. Accordingly, he counsels his clients on commission disputes, licensing and disclosure requirements, agency issues, employment and wage laws, strategic alliances and affiliated business relationships and disciplinary actions instituted by governmental entities.
Neil resides in Great Neck, New York with his wife. He has two children.
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Cornell International Law Journal – Symposium Editor
- Little Neck Jewish Center – Past President and Young Leadership Award
- UJA – Leadership Award
Membership and Affiliations
- Real Estate Board of New York – Broker Counsel
- Empire State Mortgage Bankers Association – Counsel
- Long Island Commercial Network – Board of Directors
- New York State Department of State – Certified Instructor of Real Estate Classes
- Senior Real Estate Specialist
- New York State Bar
- National Association of Realtors
- New York State Association of Realtors
- Long Island Board of Realtors
- National Association of Mortgage Brokers
- New York Association of Mortgage Brokers (Diamond Member)
- Mortgage Bankers Association of New York
- Community Bankers Mortgage Forum
- Cornell University Real Estate Council
- Cornell Club of New York
- International Shotokan Karate Federation (Black belt)
Media and Publications
Neil enjoys teaching and speaking about a variety of real estate, title and lending topics. He is certified by the New York Department of State as an instructor of real estate courses, and frequently teaches at REBNY, real estate broker offices and various bar associations.
He has appeared on various television shows, including the CBS Local News, CNBC, Bloomberg News and New York 1 News. Additionally, he has appeared on nationally syndicated radio, has been published in the REBNY Reporter, the Realtor, is a contributing editor to a training manual for the real estate broker community, and has been quoted in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Newsday, Reuters, AP, Dow Jones, Forbes.com, Bankrate.com, CNN.com, as well as numerous other publications.
- Cornell Law School – J.D., 1989
- State University of New York at Albany – Summa Cum Laude, B.A., 1986
- Proskauer (Associate Attorney)
Bar, Court Admission and Licenses
- New York State Bar
- New York State Real Estate Broker
- California State Real Estate Broker
In addition to Ryan’s daily responsibilities in developing and marketing Leasing REality, he is a Legal Assistant as well as the Business Development and Continuing Education Coordinator in AGMB’s Commercial Real Estate Department.
His experience includes assisting in commercial leasing transactions, sales and acquisitions as well as coordinating events, speaking engagements and other marketing activities.
- The Ohio State University: The Max M. Fisher College of Business – B.S., Business major with a specialization in Real Estate & Urban Analysis, 2015
- Co-Founder & Co-Chairman of the Ascent Youth Alliance to Battle Autism and 4Boyz Autographs to Battle Autism
- Co-Writer, Co-Director & Co-Producer of Making a Difference – a short film that was named the Best Educational Documentary in the 2010 NY International Independent Film and Video Festival
- 2010 Nassau BOCES Education Partner Award (Youngest Honoree Ever)
- 2009 Association of Fundraising Professionals (Long Island Chapter) Young Leader of Tomorrow Award
- 2008 Long Island Autism Conference Sibling of the Year Award
- 2007 Sid Jacobson JCC Special Needs Community Service Honoree
Richard L. Blatt, Esq.
Richard is Senior Counsel in AGMB’s Commercial Real Estate Department.
He has over 25 years of experience in a wide range of commercial real estate transactions, including drafting and negotiating leases and subleases for office, retail and industrial space on behalf of both landlords and tenants. Richard has also represented landlords, tenants, investors, developers, businesses and individuals in various real estate transactions, including the acquisition and disposition of office and residential buildings, industrial properties and cooperative and condominium units. Additionally, he has represented cooperative boards and condominium associations in all aspects of their real estate matters.
Prior to joining AGMB, Richard served as Senior Counsel at Sleepy’s and practiced real estate law with multiple firms located in New York. As in-house real estate counsel at Sleepy’s, his practice was focused on drafting and negotiating hundreds of retail leases. Richard lends a unique and diverse perspective since he has represented both landlords and tenants, and is well-versed regarding all of the potential issues that can arise in commercial real estate transactions.
Richard resides in Melville, New York with his wife and three children.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law – J.D., 1987
- Duke University – B.A., Economics, 1984
- The Parkoff Organization
- Camardella & Brown, LLC
- Lebensfeld, Borker & Sussman, LLP
- Rudd, Rosenberg, Mitofsky & Hollender
Bar, Court Admission and Licenses
- New York State Bar
- S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Sophia’s daily responsibilities at Leasing REality include the preparation and creation of educational content for social media, strategy for new initiatives, subscription sales outreach, and other marketing activities.
During Sophia’s time at the University of Miami, she ran the social media accounts for Teach for America, Delta Delta Delta, and the Sunsations.
- The University of Miami: Miami Herbert Business School – B.S., International Finance and Marketing major, 2020
- 2016-2020 Dancer on the Sunsations, the Official Dance Team of the University of Miami Hurricanes